Monday Afternoon Ramblings
So it's been a while since I updated my blog. I figured that this boring Monday afternoon would be a good time to catch up. Here, in no particular order, are some things that I've been thinking about these days...
**I've been watching a new show called "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC on Sunday nights. It's decent and actually co-stars Patrick Dempsey (aka Ronald the lawn boy from the 80's classic "Can't Buy Me Love"), the girl from "Old School" who vaguely resembles Renee Zellweger and Sandra Oh from "Sideways". Sandra is annoying the crap out of me with her irritating character and puppy-dog "acting" looks. Besides, if they're supposed to be residents, they're all WAY too old. They're supposed to be my age...um, I think not. I mean, Sandra...those crows feet say you're not a day under 38. I get it. Your husband produced a popular movie and cast you in it. You were also in Arli$s. Thanks for playing, buh bye.
**I went to the Michigan football "Spring Game" this weekend with friends. Seriously, it should be called the Michigan football "stand around and do boring drills". The saddest part of the day was when I realized there was no difference between our defense's performance on the "no tackling" drills and in the Rose Bowl against Texas. Also, Garrett "Pudge" Rivas packed on the pounds in the off season. Dude needs to seriously consider going low-carb this summer.
**Am I the only person on the planet who JUST DOESN'T GET Desperate Housewives? It's terrible. I can barely sit through it without clawing my own eyes out. Perhaps the saddest side-effect of this show's popularity is the inevitable "are you one of Detroit's Desperate Housewives?" promo for the local news. No joke, I'd shoot myself before I'd ever be happy to call myself a Desperate Housewife. Even if it did qualify me to win a WXYZ TV Contest for a day at the spa.
**How much do I hate ESPN for ignoring the Pistons entirely while discussing the NBA playoff picture? On this morning's Sportscenter, I'm pretty sure the only time they actually said the word "Detroit" during the 'Stons'-Cavs highlights was at the opening. From there on, as far as I can tell from watching, *LeBron* had pretty much every shot, rebound, dunk or steal in the game. I don't really think Cleveland was actually fielding a team other than His Highness Le Bron. And here's the kicker--the PISTONS won. The announcer even glossed past that as they droned on about poor LeBron not making the playoffs. Oh, how quickly people have blown off the Pistons. Here's the thing, it's all about the league not wanting to market a team sans superstar. They're all about "Tune in to see Shaq play Kobe" but they can't deal with the simple fact that an actual *team* can succeed and excel in this market. David Stern, I hate you.
**So this weekend is the greatest time of the year to be a Lions fan (aka the NFL Draft). I can hardly wait for my friend Tyson's Annual Draft Day BBQ. Have you ever asked yourself why they run the draft on TV for like 2 straight days...like "who's watching this?" Um...it's us. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Lions can out-do themselves from last year...and if the Vikings will actually get their pick in on time this year (sorry, Crunchy).
**Even though it's 76 outside, the moms I work with insist on keeping the heat at 74. And then they complain about how cold they are and turn space heaters on. Um, okay. I think I'm going to wear a bathing suit to work tomorrow. Maybe the fact that they're raging idiots keeps their bodies from having internal temperature control?
**Will Britney Spears/K-Fed's baby actually come out wearing a trucker hat and holding a wine cooler?
--j

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home