Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ramblings in the New Year

Happy 2006, blogreaders! Here are some random thoughts for you to start your year off right!

**Fantasy Football: Congratulations to Beth and Up In Back for winning the first annual Snoody Cup. I'm just glad I didn't finish last! League members, watch out for an evite to the end of the year banquet where we'll award the trophy. Also, as an aside, what do we think about reversing this year's results for next season's draft order? Thoughts?

**College football: I'm not even going to say anything here. I have nothing but rage and confusion for our football team right now. Ugh. Oh, and I think I'm applying to be a ref in the Sunbelt Conference. I have a feeling they've got some vacancies right now...and apparently knowing about football is only suggested, not required, so I've got this one in the bag.

**Holidays: Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year's Eve/Day. Mine were pretty great.
--Christmas highlights--drinking my mom's Pom-tinis, watching Elf with Ry and Matt, great presents.
--Christmas lowlights--my 7 hour family party which featured a required family sing-a-long.
--New Year's highlights--rocking in the New Year w/Crunch and "The Butt Dance" (if you don't know, don't ask), tons of great food and drinks (thanks, Ry, Sv and Crunch), my cute shirt (thanks, Banana Republic outlet)
--New Year's lowlights--losing a record 3 times to the guys at Trivial Pursuit. (We need to get our crap together, girls.), missing out on the Tyson Gatermann Annual Pizza Buffet Brought to You by Pizza House, NOT playing in the New Years Day (well, Jan 2nd) games.

**Entertainment--I'm still crossing my fingers that ABC actually reruns the current season of Alias so I can see what's been going on. Enjoying the new season of Project Runway (Jen, who are you liking this year?) My early prediction for the winner is either Chloe or Nick (Cute Barbie dress!) Awaiting new episodes of Lost--I heard they might have to write out Ana Lucia because Michelle Rodriguez is facing jail time, as her DUI was a parole violation. Fingers crossed there. Looking forward to the new season of Battlestar Gallactica, starting Friday on SciFi. I was NOT a big fan of last season's finale, but ultimately, I like the show, just think it went a little further than was necessary.

**Work--Being on vacation over the holidays has taught me 2 things: 1) I like not working. 2) I don't like working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home