Draft Dodging
Mike Williams. Another receiver, eh, Lions? Hmm...wasn't sold on this one. I was really hoping to go with defense early (Derrick Johnson, anyone?) but I suppose it was more of a case of taking the best available player, not necessarily the best for our needs. However, I am excited about the prospect of going with 3 strong WR to force teams to play dime against us and open up some running lanes for Kevin Jones. (although, let's hope that we didn't take another WR because they know something about Charles Rogers that we don't). I read somehwere that we're trying to use the Colts as a model. Here's the thing about that, great idea, exciting, interesting...but they have Peyton Manning to make the throws. This is definitely Make it or Break it time for Joey. If he doesn't make a move this year, with all these weapons on offense, it's time to cut our losses and move on. And this is coming from the owner of a Harrington jersey. And yes, I wear it in public.
P.S. Props to T-Diddy for yet another memorable Draft Day BBQ, presented by Meijer. Special thanks to the folks at Bill Knapps for the cake.

1 Comments:
Tyson's Draft Day BBQ, presented by Meijer is almost as good as his Bowl Game Party, presented by Pizza House, but not quite...
Post a Comment
<< Home