Tuesday, October 18, 2005

FF Presser 10/18

ESPN.com News Services. Last updated: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 at 11:30 A.M.

Jessica Bailey, Vote for Pedro Head Coach and GM isn’t making excuses for her team’s loss this week against Division 1 leader O Trident My Trident.

“This was a tough one. We fought hard. This loss hurts,” Bailey reported, Tuesday morning. “A few guys should be recognized for their great individual efforts. Mark (Brunell) really came through for us, coming off the bench to start for Ben (Roethlisberger). His 23 points really kept us in the running.”

Vote for Pedro was once again hurt by injuries to key players. This week, Corey Dillon was held out of the game, despite being named on the starting roster.

“As of Sunday at noon, Corey was questionable, but would have seen action. It was a game time decision to keep him out of the game. That killed us,” exclaimed a frustrated Bailey. “I would have gone with Chris Brown, who actually scored 20 points, had I known about Corey’s situation. Lucky for him, he’s got a bye this week, so that will give him sometime to get healthy.”

Another key player, wide receiver, Drew Bennett was injured in Sunday’s game, dislocating his thumb. He’ll be out for this week’s home game against More Cowbell.

“We’ll reevaluate Drew’s situation in the next 10-14 days. He’ll be out of the lineup this week,” said Coach Bailey. “Don’t ask me who I’m playing in his place. Honestly, I don’t (expletive) know. David (Givens) and Michael (Clayton) have their bye weeks, so I’m definitely checking out the free agent market for someone who can play while Drew is out.”

Vote for Pedro moves to 3-3 on the season and is tied for 2nd place in Divison 1.

“This has been a rough season for us, no doubt about it. To be honest, I don’t know what the (expletive) to do at this point. Honestly. I’m doing my best, I’m trying to make do with the guys that we have, but we’re just in a hole right now. We have to keep trying, playing hard and do our best. We’ll turn it around eventually.”

Coach Bailey will address the media later today.

Information from the Associated Press has been used in this report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home