Thursday, October 13, 2005

FF Suspension/Injury Report

ESPN.com News Services. Last updated: Thursday, October 13, 2005, at 1:07 P.M.

Vote for Pedro Head Coach and GM Jessica Bailey announced this morning that team quarterback, Daunte Culpepper was being suspended indefinitely pending investigation of the Vikings alleged out-of-control boat party last weekend.

“It’s no secret that Daunte and I never really gotten along. I drafted him against my better judgement. He’s had his issues and I’ve tried to tolerate things for a while. However, this kind of situation is pretty serious. Daunte will be suspended until further notice and he will be cooperating with the investigation by the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Department.” Coach Bailey said, in a statement released Thursday morning.

The allegations against quarterback Daunte Culpepper are among a few other issues that Coach Bailey and Vote for Pedro face going into this weekend’s game against O Trident My Trident. The most significant of those issues is that status of starting quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger was injured in Monday night’s game and is listed as “doubtful” for this weekend. His injury, a hyperextended knee and bone bruise originally appeared much more severe immediately following the game.

"I feel blessed, I feel very blessed," Roethlisberger said yesterday. "I don't know if it's never as bad as it seems or if it's just the healing power of prayer. But I do feel blessed to be able to walk around and be as healthy as I do get to be."

“We’re really happy that Ben’s injury isn’t as serious as we originally feared,” Bailey reported. “I don’t want to make any decisions right now, we’re going to see how practice goes today and talk to everyone to check out his status as the game approaches. If for some reason, Ben’s not able to play, we’re comfortable with Mark (Brunell) taking over.”

I don't know if I’ll be playing or not," Roethlisberger said after watching his teammates practice yesterday. "We're going to go day by day right now. See how healthy we get. If I keep improving every day I can at least go out and help the team any way I can.

"You never want to sit, regardless what it is. I always want to be there for my team. I'm one of the guys, I want them to always know they can count on me, so I'm going to do everything I can to be out there and be ready for them."

Information from the Associated Press has been used in this report

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home