Tuesday, October 04, 2005

FF Presser Take 2

ESPN.com News Services. Last updated: Tuesday, October 04, 2005, 2005 at 10:30 AM

The poor performance of Vote for Pedro this season isn’t sitting well with team GM and Head Coach, Jessica Bailey.

“We suck. Plain and simple. These guys are professionals, so I’m not going to sugar coat anything for them at this point. They know what they have to do. Some of our guys need to play better and, frankly, some of our guys don’t need to play at all.” Bailey stated at her Tuesday morning press conference.

Vote for Pedro lost by 30 points to Tom Brady’s Tight Butt this weekend, falling to 2-2 on the season. In past losses, Bailey pointed to the poor quarterback performance of the team’s 3rd round pick, Daunte Culpepper. This week, however, Bailey noted that Culpepper wasn’t the problem.

“Don’t get me wrong,” she said, “Ben (Roethlisberger) was out with his bye, so against my better judgment, we started Daunte.” Bailey and Culpepper had a widely reported feud after Vote for Pedro’s Week 2 implosion against Ritchie VonGoaway’s Super Team.

“God willing, Ben stays healthy and we don’t have to play Daunte again this season. Daunte and I still aren’t on the same page. He’s definitely part of the problem. But this (loss) was a team effort. We only had two players on the roster in double digits and one of them was a kicker. Our (expletive) kicker scored 10 points and all the receivers on our team combined only scored 6. That’s unacceptable.”

Last week, Bailey made several free agency pick ups, including new backup Quarterback Trent Dilfer and some new faces at WR and RB. Unfortunately, Bailey says it’s back to the drawing board this week.

“We’ve got to see who’s available and who will actually put forth some effort for our team. Morale is down right now, way down. I’ve got to find some guys who are committed to winning on this team.” An exasperated Bailey said.

Bailey isn’t the only one who is frustrated with Vote for Pedro’s lackluster performance this season.

“Yeah, I’m pissed,” said starting quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, the team’s leading scorer, averaging 18.3 points a game. “I’m out there busting my butt every week and we’ve got guys barely showing up. I’m not going to name names, but they know who they are.”

“I hate losing. I hate it,” responded Corey Dillon, starting RB, who had a team leading 14 points in the loss to Tom Brady’s Tight Butt. “Coach is doing everything she can. She can’t get out there and actually play for us. We just need to get it together, we’ve got time. We can turn this around, but we need to start now, this week.”

“Honestly, I don’t know what the (expletive) it’s going to take to motivate them.” Coach Bailey said. “I thought we would come into this season hungry, after last year’s play-off collapse, but I guess it hasn’t quite happened this year. We’re really going to have to get our (expletive) together if we want to make a run this season.”

Vote for Pedro fell to 2-2 on Sunday and will face the Ron Burgundys on the road this Sunday. Coach Bailey will address the media again later today and answer direct questions.

Information from the Associated Press has been used in this report

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home