Friday, January 20, 2006

Restore the Roar?


The Lions named former Bucs D-Line coach Rod Marinelli as their new head coach yesterday. Here's hoping that he might actually be able to do something around here. The good thing is that it sounds like he's a pretty strong disciplinarian, which will be in strong contrast to Mariucci. I guess his results remain to be seen. I, for one, am not getting too excited about the Lions until they actually show me something on the field. Here are some quotes from the presser...see for yourself what you think of the guy:

"Everybody has talent. The issue is how hard we are willing to play, fundamentals, details and learning to finish everything we start as a football team. None of that takes any talent. We all can do that in this room. We all can do that. No talent is needed. It’s just a collective attitude of men who want to go to work. And that’s going to be important to me. "

“I know we have to get to work on offense...Like I said, it starts up front. It starts on both sides of the ball. I want to have a great offensive line, physical... Obviously every position is important, but that’s where I’ll focus."

"My job now is to get good players to play good and create an environment to grow. My direction will be one voice in this building. There is one voice for discipline: mine. There is one voice in leadership: mine. I’ll coach coaches. There will be accountability at all stops in that building, and that’s how you start growing.”

And just when you started to like him...

"Matt (Millen) is pretty smart. That’s the first thing I’ll say, I think he’s very bright."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home