Wednesday, May 04, 2005

TV Guide

So they're finally showing a new episode of "Lost" tonight. I feel like it's been about 15 weeks since I saw the last new one. Like I'm starting to forget the names of the characters. I don't understand how the producers say to themselves, "Here's a great show, everyone's watching it. Instead of shooting a full season and doubling our ratings with new episodes, let's only shoot like 10 episodes and go to reruns every other week. People won't get bored/confused/annoyed AT ALL." I mean, I guess it worked because I'm watching it, aren't I? But I'm not happy about it. J.J. Abrams, you'd better make these last 4 shows especially good to make it up to me.

The only good thing to come out of the Lost rerun fiasco was that I've been able to watch America's Next Top Model on Wednesdays. If you're not watching this, you're missing out. Last week featured a challenge in which the model contestants were given a list of specific emotions they were supposed to act out for the judging panel. None, I repeat NONE of the 6 was able to clearly identify the meaning of the word "aloof". Priceless. Almost as good as when they had a challenge requring them to read copy off of the Teleprompter and no one knew the word "magenta". The girl who pronounced it "magent-a" (nuch like the feminine version of the X-Men villian Magneto) still cracks me up. Thank God for Tivo.

I read yesterday that they might cancel the American version of The Office. I'll be the first to admit that it's simply a shadow of the uncomparable BBC version (if you haven't seen this, maybe you're not my friend? Why are you reading my blog?), but it's still better than approximately 94.6% of the stuff that's on TV right now.

Why do my shows keep getting pre-empted for other things? Last week, The O.C. wasn't shown so the "President" could tell us about his Super Duper Plan for Social Security (aka Jess, you'll never see your money). Last night, the WB apparently lied about the "fresh new Gilmore Girls", because WB 20 was playing the Pistons game (which was already on TNT). I mean I love the Pistons as much as the next guy, but the game doesn't get really serious until the second half and besides, we've got two TVs. That's what secondary is for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home