Just Like Football...

Awesome game last night! I was very proud of our guys and how they were able to play down the stretch. However, I'm still the President of the "I HATE COURTNEY SIMS CLUB". Dude, come on. Put the damn ball UP when you get it instead of dribbling until you draw the double team. I mean, I know he's skinny, but so's Tayshaun Prince. The difference is agression.
Props also go out to Chris Hunter--that move was siiick--Ron Coleman and Daniel Horton, who as a Senior point guard should, quietly scored 23 points.
Check out this article in the Oakland Press for more game coverage.
Oh, and one more thing. To all the State fans who are bitching and moaning about the "questionable" officiating, I'll offer them the following rant/stats. Thanks to Sv for compiling them for me (maybe that's why he can't update his blog!)
Anyone who's ever seen a college basketball game knows that homer officiating is part of the game. It happens pretty much everywhere and is LEGENDARY at places like Duke...oh, and BRESLIN! Take a look at these stats for some Big Ten games at Breslin, including the last UM games at MSU:
- Indiana at MSU, 2005--MSU: 22/24 from the line vs IU: 8/11
- Iowa at MSU, 2005--MSU: 16/18 vs. Iowa: 7/12
- Georgia Tech at MSU, 2005--MSU: 17/25 vs. Georgia Tech: 4/6
- Wisconsin at MSU, 2004--MSU: 17/23 vs. Wisc: 12/15
- Ohio State at MSU, 2004--MSU: 17/23 vs. OSU: 9/17
- Illinois at MSU, 2004 (a blowout loss and still more FTs for MSU) MSU: 13/13 vs. Illinois: 10/12
- Michigan at MSU, 2005--UM: 7/14 vs. MSU: 14/20
- Michigan at MSU, 2004--UM: 13/21 vs. MSU: 20/28
- Michigan at MSU, 2002--UM: 8/14 vs. MSU: 14/15
- Michigan at MSU, 2001--UM: 8/10 vs. MSU: 19/26!!
How's that for being homered? I don't recall State fans complaining about officiating in those games, do you?
Crazy MaizeRage Girl says "Suck it, MSU!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home