Sports shorts
**The NCAA has just banned colleges with American Indian mascots from partcipating in post-season tournaments. Wonder how Illinois will take this? I have to say that their pregame show, in which a frat dude with face paint portrays "Chief IlliniWek" was one of the least PC things I've seen. Then again I went to a school where they once had live mascots, but they had to get rid of them because they were so vicious that they almost attacked people. (and on a side note, can anyone tell me why the Illinois fans hate us so much? When we were there, I felt like we were in Columbus or East Lansing. They actually think they have a rivlary with us? what?!)
**From the "Good thing you got your butt to camp" File, looks like Eddie Drummond signed and is joining the rest of the Lions at camp today. In even better news, it sounds like the rumors of Mike Williams' reported weight gain were grossly exaggerated.
** The Lions play their first preseason game next week. Any guesses on who will tear their ACL this year? Also, will Charles Rogers break his collarbone in the first or second quarter?
**The NHL is simply losing me with all the free agent movement going around the league. All the good teams are being stripped of their players. I get it that they're trying to make it so there is more parity in the league. If that's really your goal, cut down the league to only the teams who actually HAVE fans and then go from there. My personal theory is that NHL franchises should only exist in cities where their weather conditions produce a significant amount of snow. Does Florida really need TWO teams?
**Looks like Rafael Palmeiro and the O's have cancelled the special ceremony intended to recognize his entry into the 3000 Hit club. Shocker...

1 Comments:
I'm still grieving over losing Peter Forsberg.... He was so yummy. *sniff*
Post a Comment
<< Home