Thursday, July 28, 2005

Football Saturdays

My mom decided that we needed another family outing to a Tigers game this year. It was a surprisingly good time last year, so I'm definitely not against it...in theory. When she told me about it, our conversation went like this...

Mom: "So, what about, Saturday, September 10th?"
Me: "That's the Notre Dame game, Mom."
Mom: (disappointed) "Oh. What time is The Game?"
Me: (scrambling for an excuse) "Uh...I don't know. They haven't announced it yet. (lie)"
Mom: (piling on the Mom guilt trip (TM))"Well, you could always meet us at Comerica after your game is over..."
Me: (knowing full well that there's no way I'm going to miss the OSU-TX game that night) "Uh, okay, Mom, we'll see"

What is about people that they don't understand that I don't do ANYTHING but football on Saturdays from September-early December? Why try to force me to say no to your family event/wedding/shower/party/etc. when you KNOW I'm going to be watching football? Don't they know me at all?

ETA: Jen, your wedding is the only exception I'm making to the rule! :) Everyone else is going to have to plan their event another time.,

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn straight! Don't worry, I have no problem with radios etc. on the ride to pictures to get score updates! I'm right there with you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home