Long Time No Blog
In the words of my friend T from this weekend I've got to "WRITE SOMETHING on my blog!" ;) I looked back and it has been a while since I've been around. I'll give you some quick hits as to what I'm thinking about/doing/loving/hating right now...
**Went to a 1st bday party for a friend's son over the weekend. Now the baby is quite cute, but I can think of few things more boring than sitting around WATCHING a baby for 4 hours straight. How long can you really watch a baby who has no idea what's going on shove cake into his mouth and/or play with wrapping paper. Maybe it's different if it's your kid? Maybe it's not. I mean, glad I went and he's a cutie pie and everything, but...snooze...
**Work couldn't suck harder right now. In a nutshell, everyone's out of the office for various reason, so it's officially been "Crap on Jess Week". Actually, strike that, it's really "Crap on Jess Month". I just like how I get penalized for being the only person who feels compelled to actually DO the job that I'm getting paid for.
**Why do I bother with the Tigers? Here I was thinking that things were on the upswing and we might actually be buyers not sellers by the trade deadline. And then we split the series with the Royals (THE ROYALS!!) and get into a brawl. Nice job, guys. Farnsworth, you might be hot, but you're a moron. Great work, establishing yourself as our closer, and then pretty much ensuring a suspension.
**Props to iTunes streaming radio. I forgot iPod mini today so I checked out some of the stations iTunes has to offer. Definitely liking Club 977-80's. So far I've heard a variety of great 80's tunes including the theme to Greatest American Hero, "Heaven Isn't Too Far Away" by Warrant and "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners.
**Just got an email from a college friend M. who just got engaged a couple of weeks ago. Is everyone engaged? Seriously?! And how with all the people I knew in college who are married/engaged, is it too morbid to be wondering how long before the first round of divorces starts?
**I got the email reminding me to set up our fantasy football league from Yahoo Sports the other day. Can't wait to get everything going again this year. If you're reading this and you're a member of Greedy Snoody--you're going to lose this year. ;) Also, if I don't get Peyton Manning in the draft, as Commisioner, I'm considering closing the league down. A lock-out. Worked for the NHL, right?
**My newest TV guilty pleasure, MTV's 70's House. They took a bunch of kids and put them in a house with only 70's things, 70's clothes, lingo, etc and they have weekly competitions to prove who is the "most 70's". The most hilarious part is that they have to do the hustle anytime a bell rings. For some reason, watching a bunch of sleepy college kids in 70's garb doing the hustle at 6 AM cracks me up. And, if nothing else, it's something to hold me over until the new season of Laguna Beach starts up. ;)
**Watched some of the ESPY's last night. Random thoughts:
--Would anyone know/care who Danica Patrick was if she wasn't pretty? Why don't WNBA players actually learn to walk in heels..Couldn't they add that to their new player orientation? The winners of the Arthur Ashe award were truly inspiring...you've got me crying anytime you mention someone's mom watching them from heaven. How proud was I when Michael Phelps accepted his award via sattelite from the UM pool, wearing a Michigan shirt, closing his speech with "Go Blue". I've had it up to here with Curt Schilling and all the Red Sox. Um, okay, you won once in like 80 years...so?
There's your post...happy, Diddy? :)

3 Comments:
I don't think its been "Crap on Jess month. You were on vacation for a week in July - remember? It can't be a crappy MONTH if you were on vacation for 1/4 of it. ;)
Yes I am. :)
By the way, ESPN.com has free fantasy teams this year. Methinks their interface is much better than Yahoo's. Just my 2 cents.
Erin, you're right, I guess. it just FEELS like it's been a year since I had vacation.
T, if we wanna do ESPN this year that's fine by me. Do you want to set it up or should I? Inviting the usual suspects again this year?
Post a Comment
<< Home