Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday Morning Quarterback

**Looks like the Lions and Mike Williams have come to terms today. Hey Mike, sign on the dotted line and get your butt to camp. Heard on the radio the other day that Williams has gained some weight since the combines (as much as 20 lbs?!) so hopefully he can get out there and get back into shape. Either that, or can he play Tight End? I've heard him say that "he doesn't like to block" but hey, does any TE really LIKE blocking?

**Why did I just spend 10 minutes reading the Lions Blog?

**Michigan football freshman numbers are out today. Notables include Kevin Grady (#3), Mister Simpson (representing the A-Train #32), "Super" Mario Mannigham (#86) and Antonio Bass (#18). As Sv pointed out, cool that Mannigham and Bass are wearing Streets and Toomer's numbers. Can I say for the record that I'm getting psyched about the season now!

**The Big-Ten press has given us the Preseason League #1 ranking today at the League media meetings in Chicago. Ohio State and Iowa round out the top 3.

**If you're reading this and your last name is Bigelow, join the Fantasy League already! ;) I'm pretty excited about this season and can't wait to put my draft boards together. As you probably know, my team last year, The Peyton Manning Experience (TM) had a stellar regular season record, only to choke in the playoffs once again. (as a nod to the actual Colts who act similarly every January). Look out, Rhesus Pieces and RitchieVonGoaway's Superteam...this is MY year. To quote Joey Harrington, here's how I'm feeling about the Arse Faced Weasles this year:
“There is no reason in my mind why we should not win the division. I do not
think we should be scared to say that. I am tired of losing football games.
There is no beating around the bush on that one: I hate losing, and I am not
going to take it anymore"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home