Friday, March 31, 2006

I guess I'm not Nostradamus...

So, two weeks ago, one of my friends sent me an email about her work Final Four pool. Apparently, the particpants were randomly given four teams and then would win a certain amount of $ for each team that made the Sweet Sixteen, double that amount for each that made it to the Elite Eight and so on. Her email went something like this:

"The 4 teams I was given are Monmouth, Bradley, LSU and George Mason. You know more about basketball than I do, Jess. Do you think I have a chance at winning any money?"

My response went something like this:

"Monmouth was the last team selected so they're pretty much the worst team in the Tournament. Doubt they're going to get you any points. Bradley isn't terrible, they have some tourney experience, but they're playing Kansas who's playing hot right now. I don't know there. George Mason is interesting, but in my opnion if they happen to beat Michigan State, then they're going to get killed by UNC. LSU gives you your best chance for points, but I don't see them getting past Duke. My best guess is that they'll lose that game, but get you some $$ for making the Elite Eight. Good luck anyway. I guess it could have been worse..."

Two weeks later, she's already up like 50 bucks...and I look like a real idiot. If this isn't proof that anything can happen during March Madness than I don't know what would is.

And one more basketball note: Last night, Michigan Basketball got beat by South Carolina in the NIT final. Awesome job locking up being the 2nd best team that sucked too much to make the Big Dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home