I'm baaaaack!
I'm finally back to posting after a bit of a hiatus. A lot of that is due, in part, to The Flu From Hell, which I got to experience in all its glory last week. Seriously, I spent the week on the couch and completely lost my voice at one point. It sucked. It did, however, give me the chance to make the final decision that Daytime TV is crap. There sure are a lot of stupid people in our country, if you don't believe me, check out an episode of Dr. Phil once in a while. Yikes.
Here are some thoughts on all the typical subjects...
TV:
**Watched the Oscars last night. I haven't seen most of the movies, but I was happy to see Reese Witherspoon win. If you haven't yet, rent "Walk the Line", it's worth it. Dresses I liked: Selma Hayek (great color, great dress, great body. Color me jealous), Keira Knightley (liked it more than I thought I would), Sandra Bullock (the hair...could use some help). Dresses I didn't like: Michelle Williams (yuck on the color), Rachel Weisz (just because you're preggo doesn't mean you have to be boring...Snoozefest!), Charlize Theron (what was with the pillow on her shoulder?) and Felicity Huffman (it was a fine dress, just for someone about 20 years younger. I don't need 40+ year old cleavage, thank you very much). My other Oscar random thought: I didn't see "Capote" but I realized from watching the Oscar clips that if, for some reason, I was forced to watch Philip Seymour Hoffman talk in that voice for 2+ hours (no matter how authentically "Capote" it was), I would go clinically insane. Or drive a spike into my brain. Or maybe both.
**Lost last week was cool! Finally, they go back to the actual storyline and offer us some information on The Others. Thanks to Sv for finding the screen cap where they showed the shot of the labor/delivery room...it looked like one of the "doctors" was none other than "Henry "don't keep me in the hatch, I crashed in a balloon accident" Gale. I'll post the link if I can find it. Of course, Lost is a rerun again this week. Damn you, J.J.! :( Is it too much to ask that you actually show two new episodes in a row??
**Project Runway finale Part 2 airs this week. I'm going to stick with Daniel V, even though Tim Gunn doesn't seem too confident with his collection. I do think, for the first time, that I've actually had some admiration for Santino and his design abilities. I feel like he was really just trying to stick it to the judges during the challenges, instead of creating actually wearable pieces. Incidentally, the reunion show was worth catching. Was Lupe high during that? Seriously? I also never get tired of seeing Santino's Tim Gunn impression. Good luck to Michigan's own DannyV! :)
Sports:
**I couldn't be more disappointed with the way that Michigan basketball has ended the regular season. Just ONCE, I want to see us showing up to play in a game that we stragetically need to win. Losing against Indiana on Saturday was unexpected and unacceptable. Granted, that was possibly the WORST excuse for officiating that I've seen in my life, but we could have at least made our free throws down the stretch. Or known what to do with the ball when we were down at the end of the game. I gotta believe that some, if not most, of this comes back to coaching. Amaker just hasn't proved it to me that he actually knows what to do in a game scenario and that he can prepare/insipre us to play when we need to. If this loss plays us out of the Big Dance, I am NOT going to be a happy camper.
**March Madness is coming soon, babies! Get out your brackets and pencils, Selection Sunday is right around the corner. Is someone starting the tournament bracket on ESPN? T-Diddy? Looks like I might have to take some time off next week after all...I predict another case of the "Tournament Flu" coming on.
**Funny quote from my brother: "You know what I hate about baseball? It's starting again. It's starting already? Didn't it just finish?"

2 Comments:
Umm... I could be wrong, but I think that commentary on Oscar couture was almost a direct quote from yours truly. Please give credit where credit is due, my friend...
Your sis with a wonderful senses of style and humor,
ry
Agree to disagree. All thoughts expressed on Just Ask Jess are original...
Post a Comment
<< Home