Awesome...Terrible
In honor of the beach game my friends invented, here's a few things that I think are either Awesome or Terrible so far this summer.
AWESOME: The new Batman movie. As R would say "I love a good summer action movie!" I was expecting it to be good, but I didn't think it would be as great as it was. It was much more dramatic and dark than any of the others and well written and acted. This was light years better than the POS with George Clooney from years ago. I really hope they continue to make more with this production team and cast...of course, minus the Future Mrs. Tom Cruise. And the jury's back and they've reached a unanimous verdict. We find Christian Bale, the Batman in question, to be HOT HOT HOT.
TERRIBLE: The Pistons. How pissed am I that I stayed up to watch that collapse last night? So, when you hear "one guy pretty much single handedly beat the Pistons" on Sportscenter, you think to yourself "Oh, Ginobli?" NO "Duncan?" NO. How long before you actually guess ROBERT HORRY?!! Come on?! Are you f-ing kidding me? I have to blame the Pistons for a mostly piss poor offense, and allowing so many second chance points for San Antionio. I guess the only bright spot is that I won't have to stay up late on Tuesday to watch the game...this one's over, folks.
AWESOME: My boss pretty much never shows up to work before 10:00 these days. Leaves me plenty of time to read the sports pages, check email and update my blog in peace before I have to begin "work" for the day. That's in addition, of course, to all the time she takes off, works from home or has meetings. Come to think of it, she's probably here maybe 60% of the time.
TERRIBLE: My boss NEVER remembers when I'm scheduled to take time off. I took a day off for K&C's wedding a couple of weeks ago and it had been on her calendar for approximately 4 months. The day before, when she was giving me assignments, I told her "I'll be able to take care of that on Monday." She was shocked to find that I'd be off the next day. Um, check your calendar, lady. I only told you about it like a year ago and then reminded you every few weeks leading up to it...
AWESOME: My new realistic, yet fake tan, thanks to Jergen's Natural Glow body lotion. Not streaky or orange. I just look like I've been outside for a while, which is something I hardly ever get a chance to do. I definitely recommend this stuff.
TERRIBLE: The creeptastic Campus Mailman. Dude looks like he hasn't showered or shaved since the Carter Administration. He delivers our mail fine, but he has to include a daily dose of leering and lurking around the reception desk. This morning the receptionist was away from her desk and I happened to be sitting there while answering the phone for her. He stood beside the desk for like 10 minutes trying to talk to me (while I was clearly busy). Um...okay. I see that you're a somewhat creepy, strange mailman who apparently wants to talk to me...but you're also my dad's age and I have things to do. Deliver the mail, then move along, please.
AWESOME: The new teeny ice cream sandwiches R and I found at the grocery store. They're small enough that they're only 90 calories, but just enough to give you a little summery dessert.
TERRIBLE: Old Navy sizing. I seriously don't get it. According to their website, their sizes run bigger than Gap. Okay. Then why is it that I can wear one size comfortably at GAP and can't even button it up at Old Navy. What the crap is that?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home