Thursday, June 09, 2005

Mistaken Identity

I had an interesting experience this morning at my local Starbucks. I go over there in the morning before work maybe once or twice a week. As I headed up to the counter, the cashier woman was making a coffee. I stood to the side, eyeing the baked goods (bagel or blueberry muffin?) and waited for her to be done. As I stepped to the counter, she slid a coffee across the counter. I turned to my side, expecting someone else to be there to retrieve it, but I was the only customer in line. I wasn't sure what she was doing so I smiled and ordered. She looked confused and said "What? You don't want your regular coffee today?" Okay, so this is weird for several reasons...

A.) I've never seen this woman before. I think maybe she's new summer help.
B.) I don't really have a *regular* order in the summer. I change it up between a couple of different things depending on my mood that day.
C.) Even if I *did* have a regular, it wouldn't be the venti decaf house blend with whipped cream that she made. DECAF? What's the point in buying coffee?

So instead of making her feel weird, I just smiled and said "no, sorry" and repeated my order. And the weirdest part, so now, in addition to my non-coffee-drinking identical twin sister, apparently there's a third person in town who looks like me. And has weird taste in coffee.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Agreed. What's the point of drinking decaf? Never understood that. And how weird that there is a 3rd look-alike in town. ;)

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Tyson said...

2 posts in one day? Unbelievable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home