Thursday, August 11, 2005

How cute!

It looks like Northern Illinois has made up t-shirts to commemorate their game at the Big House this September. I don't know if that's funny or sad. I mean why would you want a t-shirt to remember the fact that you're a Mid-major program that was added to the schedule of a perrenial top-10 team as the cupcake home-opener opponent? Do they think that they're actually going to win? Or are they just being like happy-go-lucky and want to remember the day they got to see what a real stadium looks like?

In the immortal words of the Stadium & Main Gameday Cop, "Shock the world, (insert crappy MAC team name here)...we'll be waiting..."

This reminds me of last season when Illionis had shirts printed up for our game against them. I can't remember the exact specifications but it was printed as if they had already won our game (some crap about "redemption" or something), which they did not. After the loss, I actually attempted to order one of the shirts from their student bookstore. I made up a BS story (about how I was an UIUC alumna and that my fiance and I had gotten engaged that date, so we wanted the shirt to remember it) thinking they would help me more if they thought I was one of them. Unfortunately, by Monday AM, the shirts were already on their way out (back to the printer? the landfill? Goodwill?).

Maybe this makes me a snob, but I just can't picture getting so fired up about a team that you have little to no chance at beating enough to print up t-shirts and expect people to pay $16.95 for them...

1 Comments:

At 4:36 AM, Blogger Tyson said...

I see they also printed up shirts for their game against Northwestern. Oh boy oh boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home