Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm Jess...and I'm a Blogger...

One of my coworkers (who's about my mom's age) recently attended an IT lecture where they talked about blogging. Her comment upon returning was "Most of us spent the entire time wondering who in the world has time to do all this blogging!!" The answer from her assistant, "Um...anyone under 30?" As a testament to that, here's the latest installment of Just Ask Jess, some Quick Hits from my neck of the woods...

**I finished a respectable 6th (out of 17) in this year's Tourney pool. Way to go, 'Amburgers and Woot Beer! And props to newcomer, Scott for winning in his rookie season. I do, however, suggest we implement new rules next year to limit the amount of unknowns in the pool. I'm wondering if we might be better off with a "Know at least 3 people in the pool" rule. That way, you'll at least know whose ass you're kicking when you win (or vice versa). I'd hate to lose to my cousin's girlfriend's dogwalker's neighbor's grandson's 4th grade teacher's boss's wife's hairdresser, you know? Anyway, props to the partcipants...see you Greedy Snooders at the Fantasy Draft!

**Wow...Tiger, Tiger Baseball Team is 3-0!! Now, I realize that we'll come back to reality at some point, but it's nice to enjoy this while it lasts. Like every year, the best I can hope for is a .500 finish. Not that I think it's necessarily going to happen, but it's nice to have dreams.

**The NFL Schedules came out yesterday. The Lions, of course, have no Monday or Sunday games and will be facing reigning NFC Champs, the Seattle Seahawks on Opening Weekend. Also, if Joey Harrington works out a deal with the Dolphins, just imagine the booing that's going to take place at the Thanksgiving Day game.

**So for the first time since the beginining of the season, I'm finally interested in Lost again. I totally called this week's "twist" in the first 5 minutes, thank you very much. However, I'm actually glad we're getting some new episodes and actual plot advancement. And for the record, Henry Gale might be the creepiest dude I've seen in a while. (I suppose, it doesn't help that he was Lindsey's creepy stalker back in the day on The Practice)

**How huge is Katie Holmes going to get? She looks miserable! For the love of L. Ron Hubbard, just have that TomKitten already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home