TV Season Finales
Most of the TV shows I watch have wrapped up their season's for the year. Here are some things I liked, loved and hated about some of my favorite shows.
**Let's hear it for romance! Two of my favorite guys on TV, How I Met Your Mother's Ted and The Office's Jim both kissed their girls in their season finale episodes! :)
**When I heard spoilers for the season finale of Gilmore Girls, I'll admit, I was excited. I was glad to see that Lorelai was finally going to tell Luke off for his craptastic behavior and hook up with Christopher (again). However, in the execution, only a so-so episode. Far too much "Stars Hollow" kitchy stuff for my liking (Hey, Palladinos. We get it, we've been watching the show for like 5 years, it's a quirky New England town. Move on.), decent "telling off Luke" scene but by the time you see Lor and Chris got together, you just feel bad for Lorelai more than anything else. Wonder what's going to happen next season with a new writing team. Oh and Alexis Bledel, Professor MacNeally from the Fake Accent University called, they want you to come on board.
**I did appreciate that Grey's Anatomy's finale featured an extended 3-hour, 2-night episode. The prom stuff was kind of cute and it's always nice to see McDreamy and McVet in tuxes. I liked the Burke/Christina stuff--she's actually grown on me this season. However, I did not enjoy Izzie's psychotic break and subsequent freak out. Um, hi, Izzie, you've known that guy for like 2 months, tops? I realize you loooove him and everything, but maybe you don't throw your entire career away (and expect your friends to put theirs in jeopardy as well) for something that could (and did) kill the dude. Shame on the writers for not letting ONE of those doctors actually do his/her job and physically remove Izzie from that room, call nurses, etc. Shame again for expecting us to believe that Dr. Bailey and the Chief would simply let the whole thing go (despite the possible law suits, insurance fraud, etc) and assign the interns the "punishment" of planning a Prom. Seriously, that's a Saved By the Bell plot-line. And am I the only one who feels bad for Addison more than anything else? I don't even like Derek anymore, let alone want to him hook up with Meredith. Ultimately, I feel like this show was much more Soap opera than medical drama in this epsiode. I'm hoping that's not a direction they're going to continue next year.
**However, any rage I felt at the GA's finale pales in comparison to the rage I had last night at The O.C. finale. What the crap was the point of that? Why kill Marissa off? We all know Mischa Barton wants off of the show, you already wrote her out, why the fake drama? I mean, yes, I know this isn't Shakespeare here, but that was totally lame.
More to come...Lost next week!!

1 Comments:
update blog
update blog
update blog
update blog
update blog
update blog!!
Post a Comment
<< Home