Monday, May 23, 2005

Bloggin' again...

So after a brief work-related hiatus, I'm back with some random thoughts for your Monday:

**Movies**
--Saw the new Star Wars movie this weekend. I actually really liked it. I'm not as big of a Star Wars nerd as some, so I didn't get all of the plot and references to the other movies. (like when my friend was like "that's the death star" and I'm like "um..okay?") I did find the dialogue/acting much more interesting than in the last two "new" movies and the effects were cool. For what it's worth, I actually found Hayden Christensen moderately attractive in this movie. After thinking about it, I think he has a goofy smile and since he was more angry and brooding this time around, he actually looked kinda good.

**Sports**
--So Michigan football got new jerseys last week. Not a big fan. The piping around the sleeves makes them look very MSU or Miami-like. I also don't like the material change, with a shiny top and a mesh part from the chest down. Even if this is better for the players themselves, it's going to look really crappy when people have the jersey on at the game and you can see through it on the whole bottom half. Overall, I'm a little annoyed that they changed at all. We're Michigan. I like being able to say that we don't follow trends and change jerseys every five minutes.

--Speaking of football...I'm not sure why, but I'm just not as excited as I usually am about the upcoming season. Maybe I still have a bad taste in my mouth after the Rose Bowl. It just disgusts me to have seen such a piss-poor defensive performance and then *NO* changes to defensive staff. I mean, I get it. Carr, you're loyal. Very admirable. But when the fact that you're loyal to your staff (Jim "Horrible" Herman, I'm looking at you) is costing us games, then I have a problem. And the thing is that you know we'll be good, not great. 3-4 losses. Crappy play on the road. Maybe sweak into the BCS or tie for conference champs. I'm sure lots of people would kill for a team to do that. I guess I'm spoiled but I have higher standards. We're Michigan. I want more.

**TV**
--I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the Lost season finale this Wednesday. What an awesome show. Last week's episode was a total tear-jerker. I wonder if we'll ever get the whole story as to what the crap is going on that island.
--The O.C. Finale last week was *awesome*. I knew they were going to have to get rid of Trey somehow, but having Marissa shoot him was a total shocker. Can't wait for next season, although I'll miss Drunk Kirsten (that is if Rehab sticks) and Caleb "richest badass in Newport" Nichol. RIP, Cal. (An aside, I still think if Caleb hooked up with Grandma Emily Gilmore from Gilmore Girls they'd be the richest, most powerful evil TV super couple in history)
--Speaking of Gilmore girls, I couldn't be angrier at my Tivo for cutting off the last 2 minutes of the show and Lorelai's surprise proposal. Thanks, Tivo. Only been watching the show for 5 years, waiting for Luke and Lorelai to get married and I missed it. Awesome.

**Music**
--Thinking of Pre-ordering the new Colplay CD from iTunes this week. Can't wait for it to come out. They were great on SNL on Saturday (which also featured a skeletal Lindsey Lohan).

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fret about Gilmore Girls - I read the other day that the WB is going to replay it for the exact reason you described! Check your local listings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home