Enjoy the Silence?
So, yes, as my 1 reader (erin) has pointed out, it has been a while since I updated my blog. I'd like to pretend it's because my non-stop, thrill-a-minute lifestyle has prevented me from having the spare time to do so. In reality, I just didn't have that much to say. I know, you're thinking to yourself, "Jess? Not much to say? Yeah, right". Well, I'm back and here's a nice, long post on all my usual topics for ya. Read it now, thank me later.
**Sports**
**Tiger, Tiger Baseball Team!! The Tigs have won 6 straight games and 16 of their last 18 games. They've recorded 11 shut-outs this season, after only getting 2 in the entire season last year. A week and a half (or so) from the All-Star break, the Tigers stand at 54-25. For a point of reference, the 1984 (Bless You) Boys were 55-24 after 79 games. In other words--Holy crap! All I can say, is this is a damn fun team to watch. They're making plays, hitting smart and PITCHING! I'm enjoying the crap out of it and can't wait to see how the summer rolls on. And for the record, "Who's My Tiger?"--Curtis "I look like Charlie from West Wing" Granderson.
**Has Tommy Amaker lost his DAMN mind? Honestly, I read about this on another blog and had to check the link to verify it wasn't just a prank. What in the crap is he doing with our program? I mean, okay, I get it that we have the scholarship sitting there next year, but what are you doing signing a kid SIGHT UNSEEN to a 4-year free ride? *This* is who we're going to look to run our point, a random Zero-star "recruit" from a no-name private school who was rejected from the Citadel and then had to leave some random-ass City-Directional School and couldn't make the Air Force team. Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
My favorite part of the article is this quote:
Oh man, it’s crazy; this is something I’ve dreamed about ever since I picked up
a basketball,” he said. “To play in a packed house in front of 20,000 fans
screaming with every game on ESPN, it’s going to be incredible.
Honestly, I think he thinks we're Michigan State. I'm not even kidding.
So, where does this leave us? When he came in 5 years ago, Amaker's biggest strength was supposed to be his recruiting ability, with his biggest weakness being questionable in-game coaching. He was going to cultivate relationships with the PSL and use his status as a CoachK protogee to bring us back into the picture with elite local and national recruits, right? So I guess we got it half right, Dude isn't the best as far as situational basketball is concerned. However, he's proved that his recruiting is ridiculous at best. I'm starting to think he's actually actively sabotaging our program as a part of Coach K's world domination plan. Either way, I know who's not getting season tickets next season: This Gal. I'd rather take $250 and set it on fire than waste my time/effort/money on this team. Thanks, Bill Martin. You've taken the heart out of Michigan football *and* Michigan basketball.
**I'm not the world's biggest soccer fan, but I have been enjoying watching the World Cup. Too bad our team couldn't really show up, that was a big time bummer. However, I'm now supporting England, as they seem to have the best looking players (Hey, being a SportsGirl extends to primarily American sports, I can be a little shallow here). Not to mention that I think the coverage of their Wives And Girlfriends (WAGs) and their shopping/drinking schedule in Germany is hilarious. See, they added celebrity watching to a sport that I was just getting into being interested. Now, I'm hooked.
**TV**
*Since it's summer, there's not much on, other than the aforementioned Tigers. However, if you haven't seen it yet, check out NBC's Treasure Hunters. You can tell this is a new show and they're still working it all out, but the premise is awesome (travel around the country on challenges looking for loot). Worth tuning in. I'm putting my money on the AirForce team to win it all. And the Fogal family can cut the crap, acting all churchy and then stabbing everyone else in the back every chance they get. "Fogal me once, shame on you..."
**Celebs**
*I can't believe I allowed the Britney/Matt Lauer interview to go without blogging on it. What an f-ing train wreck! First off, why the crap doesn't she have a stylist? You can't go on TV, hoping to prove yourself as a responsible parent/mature person dressed like Tara Reid at a frat party. Go to the damn Gap and buy yourself a shirt and put on some pants, for crying out loud. I do have to admit that there were times in the interview where I actually did feel bad for her. Especially when Matt asked her about how she found out that KFed already had 1 kid (and one on the way) with another girl when they hooked up. She looked about to cry before she put on her fake smile. Sad. However, I have a problem with going on TV to complain about how you just want the paparrazzi to leave you alone, then doing a full spread/interview in OK! magazine. Make up your mind, Brit.
*Are we ever going to see a picture of Suri Cruise? Does she exist? Was this just an elaborate publicity stunt?
*I pretty much hate myself for saying this, but I don't dislike the new Paris Hilton song. Hot? No. Embarassing? Yes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home