Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Why not us?

The Tigers begin a HUGE homestand tonight against the White Sox. I can't remember the last time I was this nervous about a baseball game...maybe '87? This series is crucial for the Tigers, a chance to prove that the White Sox shouldn't just be handed the AL crown this season. Nate Robertson's facing off against Jon Garland tonight at Comerica. Go Tigs!


So I've been thinking a lot lately about what end of the season out come would make me happy. 3 months ago, I would have been beyond happy if the Tigers just made the play-offs and played in the Wild Card game. However, it's looking more and more likely that we may even exceed those expectations this season. I do think that I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but this feeling does have a special feeling about it. I think this White Sox series would go a long way to giving the guys a little more national respect (Are all Detroit teams always underdogs?) and showing us that they really can come through in big games. And hey, someone's got to win the World Series...why not us?


"Hey, Zach, practice hard. T-Diddy and gang will be here for your next start"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home