Thursday, August 03, 2006

Reap What You Sew

That's right, folks, it's time for this week's Project Runway recap. Before we break down the outfits, let's talk about Keith. I read several spoilers over the last few weeks and one of them (Thanks, JustJared!) turned out to be the real one. Frankly, I feel like it was a tad anticlimactic. I mean, yes, I realize that he was clearly in violation of the rules, but it wasn't as dramatic as Bravo wanted it to be. At first I didn't really get what the big deal about pattern books was, but after reading Tim Gunn's blog, it does seem like that would give him a huge advantage on the other contestants. As usual, Keith's smug attitude annoyed me. Dude, you blatnatly cheated, why would you expect people to understand? Either way, I thought his stuff was great, but I'm not going to miss his petulance and ego.

On to the outifits:
**Man, Angela SURE got lucky getting both Michael and Laura on her team. Their taste and skills really made her look a lot better than she actually is and kept her on the show. Although I wasn't in love with any of the outfits last night,
their suit was stylish and fashion-forward. They understood the challenge and came up with something fashiony, but very accessible. Kudos.

**I have to give Alison and Jeffrey props for sticking with
Keith's outfit even after he got booted from the show. I would have liked this one, except for the weird straps hanging at her waist. What is that, anyway? It looks like she has a half leotard hanging on her hips. Maybe that's a top you can take on and off? Either way, that part, I didn't get. I did like the pants and turtleneck and jacket though.

**
Robert, Kayne and Vincent's outfit just didn't work, in my opnion. (Aside, please tell me that Robert has some sort of eye condition and THAT'S why he's wearing sunglasses inside all the time!?!) So, the jacket was a sort of sport, rain-coat thing that could have been cute over the right outfit. However, pairing it with something much more formal just looked odd. Not to mention the fact that the black (or was it navy) suit was a snoozefest and seems like it's been done to death. I didn't disagree that without the hoochie-mama slit, it was pretty much a flight attendant suit. As La Nina would say "It's asthetically NOT pleasing". I think if it had been up to me, I would have sent Robert home for this.

**Finally, we come to Bonnie (with Bradley and Uli)'s
cowlneck tunic, pants and trench ensemble. I felt like this one had a lot of potential, but lost something in the execution. I think maybe different colors and/or fabrics could have made this really stand out. How cute would that trench have been in a black and white houndstooth plaid or something? And then put the cowlneck tunic (which was okay) in a great red or something? Cute. Instead the washed out colors and iffy construction meant bye-bye for Bonnie. She seemed like a good designer, but I didn't see any real flashes of greatness. Good luck to ya, Bonnie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home