Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Guest Lions Rant

I realized that my blog has lacked my usual rage for the Lions this past football season. Quite frankly, I've emotionally disassociated so much from the team, that their "find a way to lose" mentality barely bothers me anymore. Instead of wasting our Sundays in front of the TV, we simply Tivo the game, and fast forward to the end so we can see the inevitable collapse. This Thanksgiving, my family was actually rooting for the Dolphins and Joey Ballgame.

Anyway, this is a quote from an email Sv sent me this morning. I thought it was both funny and true, things we like here at Just Ask Jess:

Ford Sr. was saying how he thinks Millen is doing a great job and he has faith in him, etc. That basically means the Lions are a dead franchise. Honestly, they might as well just move them out of town. The ONLY solution is if people stop going to the games. I'm actually kind of pissed that there's this faction of people who keep going and keep supporting them, which just enables the Fords to perpetuate the shittacular nature of the franchise. If we could just get [Joey and Angie Pawlowski from Westland] to stop dumping their hard-earned [union welding job / dentist's office receptionist job] into tickets, merchandise, etc. then maybe something would change. As it is, they're dead to me. I'm a Chargers fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home