Update City, Sweetheart
So it's been about a million years since I updated JAJ. To my faithful readers (E, I mean you), I whole heartedly apologize and offer one giant rant-fest to make up for it. Read on and enjoy!
**Sports**
--Michigan football first...much to the chagrin of Crunchy's parents, my Wolverines chalked up another road win over the weekend, beating Minnesota, 28-14. The game got a little dicey at times, but all & all, I'll take it. I'm really looking forward to the game this weekend. Can't wait to see if Sparty's downward spiral (sorry, Jen) continues. In other words, get up, yo's, it's State week.
--Okay, so if last time this year, you told me that I was going to be disappointed that the Tigers were the Wild-Card in the AL playoffs, I would have said you were crazy. However, after spending so much of the season so dominant, it's hard to accept the craptacular way they've made it in. Yes, I should just be happy that it's October and we're still talking about the Tigers. Yes, we've made great progress and should be players in the post-season with room for improvement next year. Intellectually, I think that, but in one tiny corner of my mind, I can't help but be grossly disappointed that we finished the season on an unbelievably bad streak. Getting swept by the flipping Royals?! Ugh. Anyway, that's my rant and from now on, I'm just going to be happy to be a part of the post-season.
**TV**
--First off, I realize I've been remiss in recapping Project Runway the last few weeks. I might have to spend some time catching up on that later this week. All I can say is that I'm still pulling for my boy Michael, despite his misstep last week!
--I couldn't be more excited about the new season of TV shows. I'm psyched to get new episodes of old favorites (two more days until LOST!) and also interested to check out some new shows. You may or may not already know my "Two-Times Rule" when it comes to a new show. When I decide to watch something new, I commit to two episodes, no matter how good/bad I find the show to be, before I decide if I'm going to continue to watch it. Here are my thoughts about some new shows so far this season:
Final Verdict--Cancelled:
**After the Two-Episode Trial, I have to say that I don't particularly like either "Six Degrees" (ABC, Thursday) or "Brothers and Sisters" (ABC Sunday). I found both to have too many characters to care about and both were a little on the boring side. Granted, I'll probably occasionally watch Six Degrees" because it's on a night where I watch TV and nothing else is on, but it's not getting season passed any time soon.
Jury's Still Out:
*Not sure yet if "The Class" (which follows one of my favorites, "How I Met Your Mother" on CBS, Monday) is a keeper. I've laughed a couple of times, but nothing extraordinary. I do argue that comedies take longer to succeed, as they depend a lot more on the chemistry of the cast. I might stick with this one, Hey, Friends took a while to grow on me, too.
*Still waiting for the premieres of "Friday Night Lights" and "The Nine" to determine watchabilty.
Verdict's in...Watchable:
*Studio 60--I like both Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford (RIP, Josh Lyman!) and usually enjoy Aaron Sorkin's snappy, witty dialogue. This show has been engaging and relatively funny, so I think it's a keeper. However, my one complaint--Jordan (Amanda Peet) dresses too casually. No head of a major network would come into work without at least ONE suit.
*With one more trial episode to go, I think I'll stick with "Heroes" (NBC, Monday). The premiere was enough to get me interested and it seems different than a lot of other shows out there. So far, this show's pretty good so I think I'll be watching. I guess, if nothing else, maybe I'll figure out what Ali Larter's super power is, so far my guess is rage blackouts?
That's about it from here for now. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home