PR recap!
So last week's PR challenge was creating a couture-style dress, in only 2 days. Let's get right down to it...
**Begrudgingly, I'll admit to actually thinking Jeffrey did a good job with his yellow plaid deconstructed dress. He definitely took the biggest risk with his choice and his model worked the crap out of that thing on the runway. I do think it's interesting to note that he had immunity on this challenge, and therefore had very little risk in chosing what he did. I know we've talked before about how I hate his constant bad-mouthing of the other designers, but I think it's important to point one thing out. His repeated critique of Laura is that she "does the same thing all the time" (which I've said before, too). However, doesn't Jeffrey do the same thing too--it's just deconstructed and shirred hems instead of plunging necklines and tailored pieces? At this point, each designer has a clear style and they're kidding themselves if they think they're that "different" each week. And, if you ask me, I like Laura's one-note (or even Uli's) more than I do Jeff's.
**On that tip, Uli made her 8 billionth flowy dress with braided halter top. No, it wasn't a pattern, but STILL. Come on! Uli, can you make pants? Can you make a jacket? Can you make sleeves? I think the dresses are beautiful, but at some point she's going to have to sack up and make something else to prove that she belongs there, in my opinion.
**I actually liked Laura's black dress with flowy white collar more than the judges did. I think that's maybe because I had the opportunity to see the dress on the model in Paris, collar flowing in the breeze. Yes, I do think it was pretty vingtagey, sort of YSL-esque, but I liked it. Hopefully she doesn't melt down completely this week as the commercials are indicating. Hang in there, Laura!!
**You know that it pains me to put Michael this far down on my list, but his lavendar dress with the ruched bodice was just sort of a mess. I think the hand sewing is what stimied him. Hopefully he can bounce back this week with another awesome Michael original!
**Kayne made yet another showy dress, this time in gold and bronze mesh and lame'. I didn't hate it, but I think he just sort of went way over the top, yet again, and missed the mark. I do think his model is the one of the better ones, so that helps on the runway. Honestly, I think he's the next to go (if Laura doesn't melt down completely) if he doesn't reign it in a little.
**Ah Crazy Vinnie...finally time to see you head home with your ill-fitting couch-fabric dress. I can't figure out why, if you kept insisting that you had the most couture experience that you'd end up being okay with just gluing your dress together and sending it down the runway. Quelle horreur! Also, can we talk for a second about how creepy it was when he was hitting on Catherine? La Malindrino handled it with class, but yikes. In the end, I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. Sayonara, Skeevy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home