"I just don't really love this outfit..."
Last night brought us yet another great episode of Project Runway. Here’s your recap…**The links aren't working right now, so until Bravo gets their stuff together, you'll have to check their site to see photos.
*Michael is…the Winner! I have been saying for a while now that I think Michael is a serious contender, so it was great to see him win. He’s been doing his thing for a while (how could you not love that coffee filter dress?!) so it’s great to see Bravo giving Mike a little love. His Pam Grier-inspired outfit was adorable, sexy and fit beautifully. It was a great to see the way he took the inspiration from his icon, but added a modern twist. The end result was something I could actually picture someone like Beyonce wearing today. Way to go, Michael!
*Laura would have been my runner up with her Katharine Hepburn inspired pants and sweater ensemble. Again, Laura’s signature plunging neckline was featured here, but she found a way to changed it up a little bit in a sweater fabric. Laura did an excellent job applying modern fashion trends (higher waisted pants seem to be in right now) with Katharine’s classic look. The result was very wearable, elegant and gorgeous. (Incidentally, I also agree with Laura’s assessment of Jeff. Dude, you made coats for a few celebrities once. If you were so damn talented, then why did you need to do a reality show to get your crap to sell? That’s what I thought).
*Kayne did another solid job with his Marilyn Monroe-style dress. It was sexy and stylish all at the same time. It’s nice to see that he can do evening-wear without going too over-the-top with the sparkle. He’s showing himself to be a contender as well.
*Angela, you surprised me. Maybe working with the Dynamic Duo last week rubbed off on Angie because she sure seems to have improved. Her Audrey Hepburn-ish black cocktail dress had just the right amount of embellishments. The classic styling combined with Anglea’s patented rosettes (thankfully only used in the hem) actually made a great looking dress. I’m going to say it once, and hopefully never again, “Good job, Ohio.”
*Alison’s dress was cute, but I didn’t really get a Farrah Fauwcett vibe from it at all. I was totally expecting some bell-bottoms, so I guess a dress is better than that? Also, what’s up with Alison’s accent? Is it just the L.A., uber-pretentious affectation, or does she have a legit accent? Can I get someone on this?
*Hallo Uli! Your purple Diana Ross dress was pretty and well-made. However, you’re boring me a little. Dude, I get it, you love flowy sundresses with crazy colors and print. There’s more to life than sundresses, Uls, and maybe you should show me something different. Still love ya though. Tchus!, Jess.
*Vincent…oh, Vincent. First off, thanks to the incomprarable Diane Von Furstenberg for pointing out that La Twiggy is alive and kicking (and judging the heck out of ANTM, thank you very much). I just did not understand how this dress was supposed to show a twist on Twiggy’s style. Okay, so it was a shift dress, but the fit was totally off (WAY too flowy) and the colors were horrendous. The plaid was supposed to be a nod to British style, but was extremely poorly executed. Maybe if he had used the plaid as a trim, like a collar and edging around the hem? And using black was a fatal mistake…I don’t think black clothes existed in the 70’s? Use that plaid with maybe a canary yellow and tailor the dress and it could have been a slam dunk. Better luck next time, Vinnie.
*Robert, where has my Robert gone? After loving his dress for the first challenge, I thought he might be one of my earlier favorites. However, his designs in the last two challenges have been nothing short of a snoozefest. Last week’s dowdy flight attendant suit and this week’s feeble attempt at a Jackie O inspired linen suit! Blah. And, I really expected Robert, above everyone else, to understand Jackie’s classic elegance and pristine perfection. Instead, he delivered a poorly tailored, dowdy suit. A rope belt, seriously? Jackie would have rather strangled herself with it than worn a rope belt! And why change fabric, that blue would have been perfect. Honestly, even though I disliked other outfits more, I might have eliminated Robert because he’s steadily getting worse. Come on, Robert, do it for Barbie!
*Jeffrey’s Madonna outfit totally missed the mark, if you ask me. A bustier does not a Madonna make. It wasn’t at all sexy or daring and fit her terribly. Also, I think Jeff was suffering from Santinoitis by tacking on all that extra crap on the back. Who wants their backside to look bigger? For all his talk, he’s really not showing me anything interesting, innovative or good. Put up or shut up, Jeff.
*Alas, we come to Bradley, poor, sad, stoned Bradley. How can someone not know who Cher is? I’m not a fan or anything, but I can picture the lady and her crazy clothes. He could have pretty much done anything and made it “Cher”…well, anything except what he did. The aluminum foil, Space Invaders top was confusing to say the least. Then he paired it with ill-fitting, cheap looking pants. The whole look was something fit for a sorority girl going to a space themed frat party. I don’t feel too bad for Brad though, as Sv said, he’s probably sitting in a corner somewhere enjoying a pot brownie. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home