Wednesday, September 06, 2006

RIP: Flopsy Fleurchon

Last week's Project Runway issued the challenge of creating an outfit for a "hip jetsetter". In "surprise twist", the designers ended up being the "jetsetters", as they modeled their outfits on a field trip to Parsons Paris. Quelle surprise! The guest judges for this challenge were some dude from Calvin Klein and Catherine Malindrino, who was about as bitchy as a guest judge has been on this show. Here we go...breaking down the outfits, y'all...

**Michael designed a hip hop suit that was cool and stylish. I could totally see him chilling at P-Diddy's White Party out in the Hamptons in that outfit. I didn't totally get the strings hanging down, but it worked with the outfit and he looked totally cool. Also, can I just say for the record that in addition to being my favorite designer, Michael just seems like a nice dude. I mean, who else would be disappointed to see Angela go?

**Laura made yet another gorge stylish dress, this time in a gold stretch jersey. I actually think this dress showed some range, as she normally goes with more structured fabrics and different lines. Also, how smart is stretch jersey for travelling? Doesn't wrinkle and is super comfy. Great work, Laura, keep it up!

**I hate putting Jeffrey in my top-three, but his outfit was pretty good. I'm not sure why Rockstar=Jetsetter, but he did a good job. Seriously, it's a stretch for me to even give him that much because I think he's a repulsive person. Honestly, I think that's just his own insecurity coming across as arrogance. Good design or not, he's an icky person.

**My number four spot was sort of up for grabs, but I'm gonna give it to Uli and her printed sundress. Seriously, I mean, cute, well-made or whatever, but damn, girl. I've been to Miami, people do wear pants or shorts there occasionally. Would it kill Ulli to design a pair of pants or something? I do like her work, but she's gotta show me SOMETHING different in this next challenge...

**Crazy Vinnie made an utterly forgetable black sweater/pants ensemble that I didn't hate. Didn't love it either. Actually, can barely remember it because it was such a snoozefest. Easy to travel in doesn't mean easy to make, Vin.

**Kayne, oh, Kayne. Honestly, you seem like a sweet guy and oodles of fun to hang out with. But, seriously, in a million years would you choose to travel in an outfit that made you look like Liberace doing an Elvis impression? The rhinestoned belt!? Dude, come on. It was well-made, though, so I'll give you that. Ultimately, I think Kayne will miss out on the top 3 because he just doesn't listen to the judges when they ask him to reign it in, week in and week out. Tim Gunn is your friend, Kayne...listen to him!!

**And finally, Angela...Madamoiselle Fleurchon was her granny-circled self in her final challenge. Okay, so I've been to Ohio, and I realize that it's a hole, but you can't tell me that they don't have Vogue magazine or Entertainment Tonight there. Angela should realize that Jet-setter DOES NOT equal Holly Hobby. And what kind of crack was she on when she decided that linen pants were great for travelling? Linen wrinkles if you look at it for too long--that's a terrible choice!! And why, oh, why, did she put those stupid flowers right on the ass of her pants? Sure, cuz that's what every woman wants...to make her ass look larger by adorning it with goofy flowers. In the end, Angela was more than out of her league when it came to this show, and she was sent packing. Au revoir, ma pauvre Angela. Have fun in Ohio...my trip over the weekend to Cleveland confirmed that it is, in fact, the WORST STATE EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home