Au Revoir, Paper Brioche
Long overdue, but here's your PR recap for last week's episode! :)
Congratulations to my buddy, Michael, for winning last week's recycled materials challenge. His cute tube top, skirt and wrap were stylish and well made. (Love that bustier!) I officially have a favorite, and Mike, it's you! :)
Laura's dress, while cute, was kind of a snoozefest. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Laura's style. It's elegant and classic. However, every dress looks *exactly* the same, with the ultra low neckline and empire waist. I know it's important to have a signature style as a designer, but it's just not versatile. I'm a little bit over it, sorry, Laura. I just can't see her creating an entire collection and having it hold my interest.
Uli was also "in" with a silver tube dress with beaded detailing. I liked the style and found it pretty wearable, although I agree with Erin, there was something off with the fit. Other than that, it was cute and Uli stays in the game.
Jeffrey and his enormous ego created a tank dress in bright yellow and blue (Go Blue colors!), made of newspaper and paint. The dress was very creative and well made, but not as spectacular as Jeff wanted us to believe. Seriously, the attitude. DUDE! To paraphrase Laura, if you're so special then why aren't you out creating outfits for rockstars instead of trying to break into the industry in a reality show competition. And holy sour grapes with his pissiness after Michael's win? Jeff, don't hate, congratulate!!
Robert, in a desperate attempt not to bore La Nina to death, created a tin-foil party dress. I guess it's an improvement from last week's Jackie O-NO! outfit, but I still didn't love it. I have to admit, I expected a little more from Robert in the begining of the competition. He has been solid, just not spectacular. Also, I can't say I think it helps that he's stuck with a trainwreck of a model. Danielle, I'm sure you're a lovely person, but you can. not. walk.
Angela made a spacesuit/Halloween costume out of some magazines and other paper products. The only compliment I can give it is that it did not contain any fleurettes or whatever she's calling those little flowers.
I'm can only imagine what Kayne was thinking when he created this monstrosity:
"Hey, self, remember being costume director for the high school drama club's production of "Little Shop of Horrors"? Remember how fabulous the venus fly trap costume was? Well, let's recreate it using some kelly green paint and cardboard!! Just paint a huge flower here...and glue gun on a bunch of bottle caps! Voila! Oh...wait...Tim hates it. Must lose the skirt. Should I, instead of making this dress disgustingly gaudy and loud, take this opportunity to add a little taste and class? Oh no, f-that, I'm just going to wrap a bunch of paper and crap around her ass and hope the judges take pity on me."Now, we're to my least favorite design, that's right, you guessed it, Crazy Vinnie. His "dress"...ugh. First of all, it reminded me of when I worked at a preschool and we created a big banner with the kids names on it that they could decorate with stickers, glitter and paint. His dress looked like someone did that with a bunch of kids, then wrapped it around the model. Dude, she couldn't even walk in that POS and you're defending it? And show of hands, who else was seriously creeped out by the way he kept talking about his dress? Vinnie, I *really* don't need to know what "turns you on". Seriously. Keep that to yourself. In my world, I would have sent him packing, as he's thrown up a bunch of crap on the runway consistently every week. Plus he's a total Looney Toon.
Alas, instead of Mr. Straight-Jacket, they sent poor, sweet Alison home. Her dress, yes, it was ugly. It made her model look kind of poofy and the color washed her out (Aside, in what universe is Alexandra "heavy"...sad). And the hair bow...an obvious faux pas. However, when you look at her body of work, she's created some consistently lovely designs. Her styling has been excellent (the dog challenge!), so it's hard to believe that she should have been sent home over Vincent. I can only believe that this was because Vincent is a total nutjob and she was a pretty normal person (when you leave out the weird accent). Sorry to see you go, Ali! Good luck!

1 Comments:
is it me, or is Uli's model always uber-pissed off? I mean really! She just scowls the whole time and walks all hunched over.
Poor Allison.... *sniff*
Post a Comment
<< Home